Ring Security Cameras

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring’s indoor and outdoor cameras.
U
Assistance Required: Glitch in Video Playback on Ring Camera (Floodlight Cam Wired Pro)
hardwired-security-cameras
troubleshooting
video-quality

Dear Ring Support,

I am experiencing a consistent issue with my Ring camera’s video playback. The first second of the recording is clear, but then it freezes for approximately two-three seconds before returning to normal. This problem occurs with almost every video captured. This happens to all my cameras, not just one. I have tried to resolved this for years and still not success. Support keeps asking me to do the same steps, regardless to how many times already taken those steps.

I have already attempted the following troubleshooting steps without success:

Checked Internet Speed: Both upload and download speeds are above 2 Mbps as tested through the Ring app's "Device Health" section.
Updated the Ring App: Confirmed that my Ring app is up-to-date via my device's app store.
Cleaned the Camera Lens: I have carefully cleaned the lens with a soft, moist cloth to ensure no dirt or debris is affecting the video quality.
Checked Wi-Fi Signal Strength: Moved the Ring device closer to the router to improve connection and used the Ring app's traveling signal strength test to check for interference.
Rebooted Router and Ring Device: Restarted both my router and the Ring device by unplugging them, waiting a few moments, and then plugging them back in.

Despite these efforts, the issue persists. Could you please provide further assistance or guidance on resolving this glitch?

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,

12-05-2024 10:45:53

Responses (1)

U

Please know I have checked the internet speed multiple times. I am stressing this because they always come back to this.

12-05-2024 10:47:46

C

Hi @user82167. Thank you for sharing which troubleshooting steps you’ve tried so far, and for sharing that screenshot of the Device Health page. It would be helpful if you could share a video example of the glitch you’re seeing in the video playback. Additionally, does this glitch happen when you watch the video back on Ring.com, the Ring app, or both? If you download the video, do you also see this issue occur?

14-05-2024 10:42:27

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User