On the Base Station whenever the system is armed the light is red. It would be great if the keypad’s status bar were red or even whichever mode it was in (armed and away or armed and home) were lit as a visual reminder of what mode it’s in.
Hi @thisisjonathonm. If you have a 1st generation Keypad, there are a few different rules for how the lights will behave based on the settings:
- Plugged in: Mode buttons light is always on. Numbers light up when it’s dark or motion is detected.
- Battery-powered, with power save on: Mode buttons light up when a button is pressed. Numbers light up when it’s dark and any button is pressed. This option will conserve the most energy.
- Battery-powered, with power save off: Mode buttons light up when motion is detected. Numbers light up when it’s dark or motion is detected.
If you have a 2nd generation Keypad, you can now choose between the following 3 modes for the Ring Alarm Keypad (2nd Generation):
- Keep Mode Button Lit. LED lights will stay on at all times (when plugged into a working power source).
- Motion Turns on Lights. LEDs light up when sensing motion.
- Button Press Turns on Lights. LEDs light up only when you press a button on your Keypad (preserves battery power).
To choose Keypad modes, open your Ring app, navigate to your Keypad device on the main menu, then go to the LED Settings tile. If the Keypad is unplugged while the Keep Mode Button Lit mode is selected, the lights will only turn on when motion is sensed to preserve battery life. I hope this information helps answer your questions.