Are these things ever going to ship?

I ordered my car cam back in January of this year with an initial 1 month expected delivery date which was then pushed back to July which was annoying but understandable somewhat with this being the new hotness in the car security camera world. Now in July I am getting another notification that my delivery is being pushed back until December?!?!?!?! This can’t be serious having to wait almost a full year for a car security camera.

1 Like

Hi @andrew54. There are a number of factors that can contribute to shipping delays, and our team is working diligently to get your order shipped out as soon as possible. An email update will be sent once your order ships. If you have any other questions about your order, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here.

I order 2 Ring Car cams on 2/18/2023 and it is now Oct 24 and still processing. what exactly is going on. With every factor accounted for, there really is no excuse for this. Ring, do better, stop relying on the Chinese to build these things and build them here in the US

2 Likes

I’m kow seeing April for my order! That’s over a year later! Really starting to feel like Ring is falling apart and I should be looking at other options. Especially after hearing about the privacy issue with their staff accessing cameras.

Hi @radarweaver. Ring support agents do not have the ability to access anyone’s cameras without consent and a very strict security protocol. For troubleshooting purposes, an agent may be able to view a specific recording once authorization has been obtained from the Ring account owner, and once the troubleshooting is done, access is automatically revoked. If you have further questions about this process, please follow up with our support team. You can also get in touch by sending a private message @Ring on Facebook or Twitter.

Ya! I order mine in May. It went from delivery in the Summer and stayed firmed at Nov 3rd Estimated. Just checked my order and it still says the same 11/3. RING y’all need to get it together and at least do your due diligence as a business to keep us up-to-date with some info especially your consumers who have waited patiently after paying ands still no clue. Ring should give us the equivalent waiting months of FREE Car Cam subscription from purchase date to delivery date. Who Agrees ?!

Andrew, I share the same frustration. Not sure why RING is making it difficult to at the minimum is to inform consumers on the status of their order. Instead, they are ghosting their customers. When you call customer service they are all monotone with verbatim scripts that still gives you wondering since they don’t even know what they’re saying. Then you have this forum were they give you vague responses rather than working on a solution. They better give us free car cam subscription as many months as they delayed our order. This would make up their lack of.

1 Like

Hi neighbors. In July, Ring sent you an email about this delay. This picture below will highlight what the email says. If you do not see this email, you may need to check your junk/spam.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hey Neighbors. We apologize for the delay in the shipment of the Ring Car Cam and we understand how inconvenient this is. Delays have persisted longer than expected, so we want to refund and cancel said orders. Within the next 7–10 business days, you should receive an email confirming that your order has been canceled. Thank you for your patience on this.

I received my dash cam as part of the initial rollout. Now 6 months plus and it has not worked and been waiting on my replacement. I call and they say December. I call in December the. January. Wonder what date they’ll give when I call this month? They should either refund me the cost and what I paid in my subscription of a non-working device or the State Attorney Generals Office should step in. I paid good money for something that has worked correctly almost from the get go. I really don’t think the delays are backlogs. I feel the delays are the cams were rushed to be sent out and not ready for public use. So now they’re trying to quietly rework them. Just the design to sit at the bottom of the windshield is dumb. In Arizona summers nothing can handle the sun and heat, even when parked in shade

1 Like

I also preordered mine and got one of the very first shipments. Stopped working within 5 months. Ive been waiting on my replacement since August.