Are there different "Video Doorbell Pro" models? (and different Chime Pro models?)

Can anyone tell me the difference between the Ring Video Doorbell Pro at BestBuy selling for $249.99 and the (supposedly) same Ring Video Doorbell Pro in the bundle with Chime Pro for $199.99 (this makes no sense).

$249.99 item shows Ring Video Doorbell pro model 8VR1P6-OENO while the
$199.99 bundled Ring Video Doorbell pro has model 8VR1X8-OENB

Same with the Chime Pro in the $199.99 bundle shows a Chime Pro extender with 2 antenna with circular-grilled front panel with horizontal ‘Ring’ name while a Chime Pro by itself shows a classier looking Chime Pro with a vertical ‘Ring’ name on the side and no antenna.?

1 Like

Hi @PMM1. The Ring Pro and Chime bundle from Best Buy appear to be the older versions of their current model. For example, the Chime Pro in the bundle is the generation 1 and we are now on the generation 2. These devices are are still great and function as intended, they’ve just been enhanced for the generation 2. Most notably, the appearance is different but it will still provide the same experience. I hope this clears things up for you!

Is the video doorbell pro an older version also? I know you said the chime pro was generation 1

Hi, new to the RING community. House recently purchased has the same model mentioned here Ring Video Doorbell pro model 8VR1P6-OENO. I’m sure older model probably 3-4 years old. During the remodeling we took out the old door bell chime and covered up. DO I still need a chime with this model? will the A/C plug in RING chime work?

Any help on this doorbell much appreciated including where to find an online manual.

Also, scanned the QR code and gives me a message the “Sorry, that page could not be found” and direct to “Shop Doorbell Cameras” and the to Ring website. Tells me it is fairly old.

Check out this Help Center article, specific the bottom portion which will list each power method supported for the Doorbell Pro with links.

A chime kit is not required, however, adequate power is needed to operate the Video Doorbell Pro. If you are wanting sounds in the home after getting the Video Doorbell setup, our Ring Chime is a great option! :slight_smile: