Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
R
User Solution
Closed
Are shared users able to turn off motion detection?
modes
shared-users
troubleshooting
notifications
motion-settings

I just installed my Ring doorbell about a week ago. I added my SO as a shared user. Since then there have been 3 different occasions that he had returned home when I was not there without me getting a notification. Otherwise, I get notifications for everyone else that comes near the door. Is it possible that he is turning off motion notifications or motion detection temporarily so that I don’t know when he gets home? If so, is there anywhere that I can see if that is what is happening? Like a log somewhere in the app that tells me when those features are paused or disabled?

01-02-2024 04:23:21

Responses (2)

C
User Solution

Hi @RB1979. Verify if the motion was logged in the Event History, to narrow down if the problem is with notifications or with motion detection itself. Shared Users cannot manually turn motion detection on or off, nor can they disable motion notifications for someone else’s phone. However, motion detection can be controlled within the Modes settings. If you have a Ring Protect plan, which enables Modes settings, Shared Users do have access to changing the Mode.

Otherwise, it’s always recommended to review your Motion Zones and other motion settings. These may vary slightly from device to device. For example, battery powered Ring Doorbells have a Motion Frequency setting that you can adjust, which will impact the motion detection. For more in-depth assistance, you can reach out to our support team via phone, or on Facebook @Ring.

05-02-2024 06:54:27

S

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

06-03-2024 06:54:57

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User