Apps opens on ring press...

My question is: How do you get the Ring App to open your phone when the doorbell rings, so you can see the person at the door immediately?

Hi @Campaigner. The Ring app is unable to automatically open up your Live View when you get a notification at this time. If you’re having a concern with the Live View loading for awhile when you launch the app, you can check out our Rapid Ring app to see if this helps with that concern.

This is great feedback though! As we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place.

…ah yes, but doesn’t that overwrite the current Ring app making for a downgraded experience?

@Campaigner Having both the Rapid Ring app and the regular Ring app should not have an affect on your performance for your device, other than you may receive a notification from each app. Although, you can turn off notification from the regular Ring app for motion and ding alerts, and then keep them active for the Rapid Ring app to ensure you do not have double notifications! I personally have both apps as well because, while sometimes it loads at a reasonable speed on the Ring app, the Rapid Ring app never misses for me! :slight_smile:

…thank you, very comprehensive answer.

1 Like