App

Good afternoon, Since I installed a new doorbell 2 my app is not working. I have to log in again and again, including a new digit code that I must then receive by email. Then he does it again, throws me out afterwards. App also starts to flash violently on my phone, requiring me to turn off the phone. He also constantly indicates that the battery is still 18% full, while it is new and should be 100%. It also remains constant 18% In short, what is going on and how can we fix it ??

Hey @Pim. Are you unable to log into your app at all? Could you try removing the Ring app from your phone, restart your phone and then reinstall the app? From there, attempt to log in, and please do not request more then 10 new codes within a 10 minute time period, as the code also a resend every 60 seconds, but will have a hard refresh at 10 minutes. In the event you do not get the code in the first 10 minutes, try logging in again after 10 minutes has passed.

If the concern you saw before is still happening, please let me know what OS version your phone is running, as well as the type of phone you have. Lastly, a screen recording of this concern and the app flashing at you will help clear this matter up more as to what is happening on your device, and I can get it passed onto the appropriate teams for further review. Once we have you logged in, we can address the battery concern. In all for that concern, I recommend charging the battery until it’s fully (if it’s a quick release battery, only the green light should be on, and not green + amber, to show it’s fully charged), and then when you put the device back up with the new fresh battery, it may take a couple events before it updates in your Device Health screen.

Hi Chelsea,

The problem stays the same.

@Pim Thank you so much for getting back to me, and my apologizes for the delay! Are you able to log into Ring.com at all with your information, or does it say invalid credentials there too? In the event the app still cannot log you in, nor the website, could you please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here? We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Let me know how this goes, as they may need to escalate this for you!

I’ll call you!

1 Like

@Pim Thank you! Please let me know how this goes and what they’re able to do for you. :slight_smile: