Ring App

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring app features, settings, and more.
E
App will not work with wired connection
app-settings
troubleshooting
Tried to install the Ring app on the 7" POE android touchscreen in my new house. Well, the app will not show live view because there is "no internet connection". 2 hours with tech support and the answer is the app only supports wifi or cellular and not ethernet. Welcome to 2023, we have tablets on our walls now and many use POE. This should be a simple code change in the app, can someone at Ring please get this fixed.

26-06-2023 11:13:58

Responses (3)

J
Hi @EdNewman97. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I have reached out to my team, and I have confirmed that you should be able to use the Ring app on a device, whether it's using wifi, mobile data, or an Ethernet connection. With that being said, our team is now looking into this issue of not being able to use Live View in the Ring app on a device that is using Ethernet for its connection. Once we have an update regarding this matter, we will make sure to post it here. Thank you for your time and patience.

28-06-2023 09:47:59

J
@EdNewman97. This has now been resolved and should be working correctly.

04-09-2023 06:35:59

S
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

04-10-2023 06:36:38

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User