App extremely laggy/unresponsive

Over the past month, my Ring app has become extremely laggy, both when accessing recent videos, timelines but also menus, settings, general app use.

I am using an IPhone 11 XS PROmax and have uninstalled/reinstalled the app and ensured the latest OS and app version are running. All other apps on the phone work fine, including the Rapid Ring app. My partner also has the Ring App (logged into the same account, latest OS and app version) and has the exact same lag and unresponsiveness issues.

Anyone have a solution? Is this a server issue with Ring? It’s becoming incredibly frustrating and borderline useless.

Hi @Tino08. If possible, can you please share a screen recording of the Ring App exhibiting laggy or unresponsive behaviors? You’ve run through the basic troubleshooting steps we’d typically recommend for concerns involving the Ring App, so it may help to see an example of what you’re experiencing.

I’m having the exact same issues as you explain , general lagging and unresponsiveness when using the app , it’s never done this before and has just started happening in the past few weeks , it’s as if ring has done an update to the app and things aren’t working as planned , it’s so frustrating when using the app now .

@Pantheraa I’d recommend uninstalling the Ring App, restarting your phone to clear the cache, and reinstalling the Ring App. Additionally, you’ll want to ensure that your phone’s OS is fully updated. If you’re still experiencing these concerns after completing those steps, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. They’ll be able to take a closer look at what you’re experiencing and offer more advanced troubleshooting. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Thanks , Caitlyn , uninstalled app, turned off phone and reinstalled the app , all seems to be working fine again .

1 Like