App error message

My wife’s cell phone Ring App (Android) is giving me a fit. First we had an issue with the ring showing the battery was low, even though it’s hardwired. Finally got the status back to hardwired.

After that my wife’s phone app wouldn’t allow her to login. I tried everything deleted the app and reinstalled it, did a invite to share etc. She can log onto the web based dashboard, but it keeps asking us for a 6 digit code everytime you log on.

When attempting to use the app, it asks for the email address and password. Whenever you put the credentials in we keep getting the same error message “An error occurred trying to perform operation, try again later”.

Prior to today we have never had an issue, today was like a bad luck day. My phone continues to allow me access through the app with no issues thus far, it’s just hers that the issue is with.

Hey @USAF-Sarge. Were you able to get this addressed? If not on her phone, please remove the Ring app from your phone, reboot her phone by turning it off/on, and then reinstall the app to see if this helps! If she still has a concern with logging in, ensure her phone’s OS is the most up to date to make sure this isn’t the reason why it’s giving this error as well.

In the event this is still persisting, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.