App alert tones

Since the last update I’m having trouble with my app alert tones. I have motion set to silent but I keep getting the wind chimes alert. I changed the tone to different sounds and then back to silent but nothing helps. I still get wind chime alert every time I have motion in front of my house. How can I fix this?

1 Like

I am having this same issue on my iPhone after the last update. Also none of the alert tones seem to be updating. I still have options from Christmas! My husband has an Android and doesn’t have these issues. Plus he can select any tone from his phone to use. Really wish Ring would update that for the iPhone users!!

Hi neighbors. I would first ensure that your Ring app is up to date by visiting the app store. Also, be sure that your phones OS is also up to date. We also have this Help Center article here that has some great information on troubleshooting notifications for your iPhone. I hope this helps!

StarryNight yes they definitely need to update for iPhone users.

Tom_Ring I did make sure that my phone and the app are both updated. I have checked this daily. The link you posted gives me a message that the page doesn’t exist. I’ve had to turn off my notifications so I no longer get any motion alerts. I have no idea what’s going on unless someone rings my doorbell. This is extremely frustrating.

Hi @Sherrie. I apologize for the link not working, I’ve updated it and confirmed that it does work now. If you are still having this concern, please reach out to our support team to take a deeper look into what may be happening.

Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.