App alert tones won’t change for phone

App is not changing notification tones on Iphone7. No matter what I choose the app makes the same sound.

Hi @Penster2017. What is the iOS version you have installed on your iPhone and what version of the Ring app is installed? If you are not on the latest version, this could be the cause for you issue. Have you tried this on another phone?

I get an unusual notification sound that I can’t find in the settigs/sounds section of my iPhone (13 with latest version of iOS) Apple allows us to change the notificaiton tone for ring tone, text alerts, send mail, received mail, etc, but none of those sounds are heard when my camera detects motions and begins to record. I get an unique sound that is hard to hear, even with my hearing aids. Is it possible to change that sound in an iOS device? if so, how??

Hi @rwlade. You can choose the alert tone for motion alerts and rings within the Ring app. Navigate to Devices > your Doorbell > Device Settings > Notification Settings > App Alert Tones. You can choose a different alert tone for when someone rings your Doorbell and for when motion is detected.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.