App Alert tone playing wrong tone

Since the last update both my wife and I iPhones play the default alert tones when any of ring cameras go off. I have checked both of our phones and apps and they both have the tones selected correctly, but that is not the tone that is played. For example one of our cameras I have confirmed “navi” is the alert tone on both of our phones multiple times, however every time the alert goes off it plays the default “windchimes” tone. That is the case for all of our cameras and has happened since the last app update.

That is quite odd to hear of, @Pratt, thank you for sharing this experience! When you visit your Alert preferences via your Camera device settings in the Ring app, are you able to successfully test play each alert tone option in the list? I recommend setting these tones to default, then back to the “navi”, or your preferred tone, to see if this will allow saving and will operate as intended. This should work on at least one of your mobile devices. Please ensure there is not a vpn enabled when testing or saving this tones. Feel free to let us know how this goes! :slight_smile:

Same issue here - it’s super annoying as I truly hate the “windchimes” alert. I’ve deleted and reinstalled the app several times to no avail. Please fix this rather annoying issue.

1 Like

Hi @BrianC0000. If the suggestions offered by Marley do not resolve this concern, can you please reach out to our support team directly? They’ll be able to take a closer look and offer more in-depth troubleshooting steps. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Exact same problem with every one of my Ring devices. There is no way to do the troubleshooting step from Ring support provided to the first customer because there is no “default” option for notification sounds. I can play every single notification sound when I’m setting the notifications, but the Ring app simply ignores the settings and only plays the awful wind chimes sound instead.

Hi @Buzzfuster. For this concern, we’ll need some more information. What type of phone/OS version are you using and what version of the Ring app is installed? Is this sound playing for Motion Events? Thanks for this information, neighbor.

Ring app v 5.53.2
iOS 16.0
However, this bug happened on iOS 15.6, 15.5, 15.4, and previous versions.
The Ring app ONLY plays the wind chimes notification for every event and for every one of my Ring devices.

The same bug is present in Ring app v 5.52.1 on iPadOS 15.7.

2 Likes

New Ring customer here and we are having same issue and it’s driving us CRAZY! No matter what alert tone we select in the settings for each device, all it play is WINDCHIMES ! This is extremely annoying.

Hi @akamac. If you have tried the troubleshooting steps mentioned in this post and are still having the same concern, give our support team a call to further investigate. You can also reach out to our support team on Facebook by sending a private message to @Ring.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.