Anyone else think the Ring Doorbell 3 is not fit for purpose?

Hello all,

Mistakenly thinking that expensive must be better and assuming that ‘Ring’ was a name to trust, I recently purchased a Ring Doorbell 3 along with a chime.

After having ‘fun’ setting it up, I now find that, basically, its not fit for purpose!

We live in a house with real brick walls - not the paper-thin kind so often seen today - but that said, our WiFi works just fine and has done for years.

I have even put a wifi extender close to the doorbell button and the whole she-bang is less that 10 metres away from our router - but still we get missed/slow notifications!

So how do I go about getting my money back from Ring?

Has anyone ‘out there’ had similar issues/found an answer/got a refund?

I’d appreciate hearing from anyone who may be able to offer me some comfort on this issue! LOL

All the best
George.

Sorry to hear about this experience @Dordio! Wifi is certainly one of the most important resources for Video Doorbell functionality. If your exterior walls are thick and solid, a wifi extender was a great thing to add to your setup. I recommend also ensuring your Doorbell is connected to your 2.4 Ghz wifi, rather than the 5 Ghz.

If you feel that this Doorbell is not a good fit for the environment, perhaps look into our Cameras. We even offer POE capable devices!

If you are needing a refund, please take a look at our refund policy, which also contains a link to start the request. I hope this helps! :slight_smile: