Any GOOD alternatives to ring doorbell 3?

I’ve been jumping through hoops trying to get this thing to work correctly for 5 months now. Right now it’s offline and not charging. Totally useless at this point. Sometimes the RSSI jumps from -35 to -75 and I’m now thinking this problem is with the doorbell itself. I have a wifi extender within 10 feet of the doorbell but it doesn’t help. It won’t connect to my network today. Up until now it’s been working hit or miss. I’m very tired.

1 Like

@Firestorm Make sure you are using the 2.4ghz wifi band where possible. Also you might find that the wifi booster works better when placed about halfway between your router and the doorbell so it it boosting a strong signal rather than boosting an already weak one.

I know it’s 3 years later, but your problem has NEVER been addressed by Ring! I’m having the same issue. I’ll tell you what the problem is, it’s that Ring’s technological components aren’t top notch when it comes to wifi. They just will not hold a steady signal. You HAVE to get cctv. Drill a small hole through your wall and mount you LOREX NVR or DVR camera under your soffit. The best part… NO SUBSCRIPTION! ALL THE SAME FEATURES!