Android Doorbell Rich Notifications not Working

For a few months now, I have not been getting rich notifications when my battery powered Video Doorbell 4 is rung. This is persistent across two different phones and has carried over from a factory reset of the phone and me moving to a completely new phone. Nothing has changed in my configuration and I’ve followed the support article troubleshooting steps. I have confirmed rich notifications are turned on and have toggled it off and back on with no change in behavior. Is there an issue with the service as detailed on this support topic from 2021? I am using the latest version of the app and my Android OS is up to date as well (Android 13, May security patch).

Hi @SD1337. Try these additional troubleshooting steps if your Rich Notifications are not working correctly:

• Verify that your Doorbell has a good signal strength.

• There is a setting called Background Data that does not allow the Ring app to use the mobile data for the apps that continue to run in the background. This toggle will need to be turned on for Ring if you would like to use Rich Notifications. To access these settings, navigate to:

1. Settings
  2. Select apps.
  3. Select Ring.
  4. Select Mobile Data
  • Disable any active VPNs.

If you have tried these steps and are still having the same concern, give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here to further investigate. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.