Android Audio Notification Stops

After a phone ‘reboot’, My Android phone recieves motion audio notifications well. After a day or so, the audio notifications stop all together. My phone ALWAYS gets the text motion notifications however.

Why must I reboot my phone when the audio notifications stop ??

Hi @user6199. It sounds like the cache on your Android phone is getting full and blocking new notifications from coming through. With some Androids, there is a maximum amount of notifications that can be stored and once at full capacity, no new notifications come through. This can usually be cleared by swiping down from the top of the screen and clearing out the old notifications. You can probably also do this in the settings menu. I hope this is helpful.

1 Like

I cleared my Android phone cache as you suggested and the motion detected audio notification did return. All’s well !!
Then after a day or two the motion detected audio notification went missing again (text notification but no audio) This time clearing my cache did NOT enable the audio.

Once more I rebooted my phone and the audio returned. I’m beginning to think this Ring will not work with android phones. BTW, my Android version is 10 and my phone is a Motorola G7 Power.

Please help. Am I wasting my time ??

Hey @user6199. Glad to hear that it fixed it for at least a little while. I suggest reaching our to our support team to take a deeper look into this. They’ll be able to go over your settings with you and determine what is the cause of this. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

1 Like

Ring AUDIO notifications (motion detection) on my Android phone work for only 2-3 days after the below so-called fixes:

Reset the Ring App
Reset my Android phone
Clear the Ring app cache
Delete all my Android notifications

After working OK after the above for 2-3 days, the audio notifications stop completely. The text notifications DO continue to work correctly. I’m certain this NOT a latency problem.

Having to do the above 4-steps ever 2-3 days in NOT a solution and is unacceptable.