Android App / Couldnt load Locations (Dec 22)

Ring 3 Plus
Spectrum Internet on Netgear Nighthawk Wifi/Cable router
200MB+
Samsung S22 Ultra

Running latest Ring App on Samsung S22 Ultra. NO VPN. Keep getting “Connection Error / Couldnt load your locations/ Were having trouble loading your location information / please try again”. I get some notifications and can even see the preview in my notifications.
I’ve uninstalled, installed the app several times. Reset phone. Allowed all permissions. Still cant get anything. My wifes IPHONE works just fine. Ran the Ring app on Fire HD10 tablet and get same connection error message. Logged into Ring.com and can see live view just fine. What am I missing?

I cant even get any menu options.

1 Like

Hi @eddiegamboa. This is going to have to be corrected by adjusting the settings on your phone. Check this Help Center article here to see if you have an apps that are conflicting with the Ring app. If you’ve done this and are still having this concern, please reach out to our support team to investigate this issue. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

I’m having this same exact issue but on a galaxy s21 ultra. It seems like a week or two ago the app just stopped working. I too have unistalled, installed the app numerous times. I have done every app adjustment, data setting, power setting, turned on all permissions for the app. And nothing, call ring they are useless,“send me a screenshot of what you see” this is beyond frustrating.

1 Like

I am having this issue too on android. Anyone have a fix to this?

Yes. After the “run around” I found out there’s a conflict with the latest ring update and Samsung’s update December 2022. I’ve done everything including a complete factor reset only to discover the same issue. If they don’t fix this quick. I’m going to demand a refund of services.

I started having the same issue a few weeks back on my Samsung Note9. I followed ALL the troubleshooting to no avail. Based on the posts I have seen, it appears Ring needs to update the Android app ASAP to work with the latest Samsung/Android version!

Hi neighbors, thank you for sharing this feedback. We’ve sent this information onto our teams to review. We typically always recommend ensuring you have the most up-to-date version of the Ring app and of your phone’s operating software. You can find more information on mobile device compatibility with the Ring app here . If you are seeing this error, you can use Ring.com on your phone’s web browser as a temporary workaround.

If we receive any relevant information or updates about this concern, we’ll be sure to share it in any applicable threads. You can also reach out to our support team at one of the numbers available here if you have any further questions or concerns. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

I am still having the same issues where my APP will not connect to view the 3 locations (each with several cameras). This is going on 3 weeks now. Before I have had for 2 years with no issues. Yes I have unistalled and installed 3x the APP. I also have noted the list of other APPS that interfere and have none. Quite frustrating.

I am having the same issue with Pixel 6 after no issues for 1.5 years. Works on mobile browser though. Also works on my wife’s iPhone. I checked list of conflicting apps. I have none on my phone. I have called twice to speak to technical support. Neither time did I get the help I needed. Both times the support team said it will get worked on and I would be contacted. I have not heard anything. This has become more than frustrating!

Same for me as I have called customer support twice and was on phone with them for hours. I have never been contacted and APP does not work on my Android. Going on 1.5 months now.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.