Android 11 issue

Hi had a new ring doorbell 2nd gen. All works fine if viewing from Android phone in WiFi. If trying to view live view outside of WiFi network (on 4g connection which is ample) live view does not show.

Now this worked on my wife’s identical phone before the android 11 update, but not on mine already updated. Just swapped Sims etc to test and wife’s phone automatically updated to 11 and now doesn’t show live view.

So I’m guessing that android 11 has an issue with the ring app as everything else works. Annoying however as main reason is to see who is at the door when at work!

For reference we both run a Google pixel 3a. 4g is pulling approx 30mbps and upload of around 6/7. So speeds are fine! UK user.

Any help greatly received.

Hi there, @Dme! With wifi connection being sufficient for optimal video, narrowing it down to mobile device OS version is a great approach. As you are using android, please remove and android apps that might conflict with the Ring app. Please also ensure there is not a vpn enabled on either phone. Try also downloading the Rapid Ring app and testing video performance using that app, to see if there is any difference. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

I have exactly the same issue running Android 11 on both mine and my wife’s Galaxy A71. They work on wifi but not on mobile data. No VPN. Everything works except Live View on mobile data. I gave a friend access with his IPhone and it worked fine on mobile data. This looks to be an Android 11 issue. You guys might need to update the app. Not being able to access the doorbell when I dont have wifi access for my phone is very frustrating.

Yesterday my one month free cloud recording expired so I had no recording. Live view started to work using mobile data for the first time. Today I paid for the 1 year subscription for recording. As soon as activated live view stopped working on mobile data and only works ok wifi again. This is very frustrating. Can you guys look in to this please as I think I have found some good information that might help you solve the issue.