Amazon Key app doesn't discover Schlage Encode, but Schlage app does

So I have a Ring alarm system and decided to get a Schlage Encode Smart Lock and Ring Video Doorbell Pro 2. When I installed the lock the setup went perfectly, until I tried to use the Amazon Key app to detect the lock. It just wouldn’t see it, even after I reset the lock and tried setup a second time.

So I decided to try the Schlage app… and it found the lock immediately (like within 5 seconds). So then I tried again, with the lock still paired with the Schlage app. Still nothing.

Am I the ONLY person having this issue? Is there a resolution?

While the Schlage Encode model is not listed as a Works With Ring Alarm lock, it looks like there is a model that Works With Amazon Key. Check out the Works With Amazon Key Quick Start Guides for help with setup. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have the same issue. Were you able to get a resolution to this?

I also have the same issue.

Schlage Encode is the lock.
I have strong wifi connectivity.
The lock is enabled and works in the Schlage app.
Ring and Schlage accounts are linked.

The message I get when trying to add the Schlage to my Ring account is “We can’t find a compatible device on your Schlage Home account.” Help!

There was a previous moderator post (@Marley_Ring) that said the Schlage Encode is “not listed” as a Works With Ring Alarm. However, there’s a Ring page that says it is. (Schlage Encode Smart Wifi Deadbolt | Keyless Smart Lock | Ring) Am I missing something?

Hi @user30062. I wanted to clarify that the Schlage Encode WiFi Deadbolt works with Ring Doorbells and Security Cameras, as it is a wifi smart lock. The smart locks that are compatible with the Ring Alarm are Z-Wave enabled smart locks, not wifi smart locks. I hope this helps clear things up.

1 Like

This does not solve our problems

I am having the same issue. My Schlage Encode works fine in the Schlage app, but when trying to set up the lock in the Ring app I get the message seen in the screenshot

Hi @kgrove. I recommend making sure you have the Ring app up-to-date. If it is, and you are still having the same concern, give our support team a call for further assistance.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.