All of us who bought the Ring Doorbell 2nd Generation should receive the 3 for FREE or SUE

|

RING SHOULD GIVE US ALL A DIFFERENT RING DOORBELL. IF I HAD KNOWN THAT I WOULD HAVE TO REMOVE AND REINSTALL TINY SCREWS EACH TIME TO CHARGE IT I WOULD HAVE NEVER BOUGHT IT!!! It IS A PIECE OF CRAP AND DOESN’T WORK HALF THE TIME.

They really expect us to not lose these tiny, tiny screws that we have to remove constantly to charge then replace them? WHO DESIGNED THIS CRAP???

Tried to post but they would not allow the name ( The message body contains Simin off, which is not permitted in this community. Please remove this content before sending your post.)

The safety of our customers is our top priority. We are writing to provide you with updated instructions for installing your Ring Video Doorbell (2nd Generation).

|
| Ring has received 50 reports worldwide of customers using incorrect screws to secure their Ring Video Doorbell (2nd Gen) to the mounting bracket. In these cases, if the wrong screws are used, it is possible that the battery will be damaged during installation, posing a potential fire and safety risk. |
| Please note that if you have already installed your device correctly, you do not need to take any action. |
| The Ring Video Doorbells (2nd Gen) were available at Ring.com, Amazon and sold at retailers globally beginning on June 3, 2020. To check whether your device is a Ring Video Doorbell (2nd Gen), look at the back of your doorbell – the model name located directly beneath the Ring logo should say “Video Doorbell (2nd Gen).” |
| |
| When installing, moving, or reinstalling after charging your device, please carefully follow the steps that are noted in the updated user manual. The Ring App has also been updated to clarify the installation instructions. |
| If you purchased this item for someone else, please notify the recipient immediately and provide them with this information. |
| If you have experienced any issues when installing your device, you should immediately contact Ring Customer Support at 1-800-656-1918 from 5am-9pm PT, seven days a week. |
| We regret any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your continued trust in Ring. |
| Sincerely,
Jamie Foff |

I agree. As for their 6-12 months before charging, laughable. My ‘hardwired’ device doesn’t look like it will hold a charge for 3 months and that’s with most features turned off to try and conserve the battery. How ridiculous that I’m worried about battery after I paid an electrician to hardwire my device.

1 Like

i have had nothing but trouble with my ring 2 since i bought i keep calling the ring help all they do is reset it go away then couple of days goes again biggist load of crapp i have ever bought camera jumps stops and starts battery lasts 3 weeks max wired it to there transformer after 3 weeks stopped working it worksw when it feels like it have to reset my bell about every 2 months ,the bell gets pressed it takes up to 5 minuets to notefie my phone then never stops ,half the time live view wont work a they say is its working fine from here ,well its no f*****ng working there i want it to work here for me t**sers