All of a sudden, poor image quality

I have video doorbell, 3 spotlight cams one wired, and 2 battery with solar panels. Video has been fine up until a couple weeks ago. All 4 cameras now have pixelated video which stutters. I have 75M Download/50M upload, tested with multiple speed tests. All 4 camera connected on GoogleWiFI each showing less than 50 RSSI. I have restarted everything yet video quality is still poor. My guess is that it is a Ring server issue or my camera resolution has been lowered remotely. I have heard how some people have contacted Ring support and had their Resolution bumped up as somehow it get lowered in an effort to help with video uploading. Lower the resolution, the smaller amount of data to upload. Very frustrating.

I have a plugin indoor, one of several varieties of ring cameras I have, and it seems to keep dropping to a lower resolution now, after months of working at 1080. Visually it has stair stepping along picture edges, resolution probably around 480. Called support, reinstalled camera and it was fine for a few days, now back to lower resolution… getting frustrated. None of my other cams have done this…yet. Will be calling support again, maybe returning camera.

Hi there, neighbors! Video connection and image quality will depend greatly on network variables and signal strength. Check out our Community post about RSSI for tips on optimal signal strength. Depending on the Ring device models you have, for any that are capable of both 2.4 Ghz and 5Ghz, please ensure to use the 2.4 Ghz connection. Try also bringing a device inside near your router, as a test to see if image improves. Depending on other variables like router or network type, there may be settings related to the network configuration that can be improved.

For a more in-depth look at this concern, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

![ all speeds are good yet still pixelated video. Speed test was 74/28 download/upload

I don’t think it’s related to your wifi. I’ve noticed on my 3x Stick Up Cam Elite the same as you described. Mine are powered and connected using PoE so no claimed poor wifi/RSSI signal influence. On live view, pixilated/blurred image, stepping on straight lines. On playback, it is blurry until it is paused then played again. Occasionally on playback it has a wifi symbol with an exclamation mark through it and says ‘poor connection’ in the top left hand corner. If I download the video, it’s perfectly fine. No issues with my Ethernet that shares the same Ethernet Switch/Hub with a PS4. A teenage son would immediately let me know if there was any internet slowdown/lag.

My Spotlight Cams and Ring Pro all on wifi are fine.

So… any resolve on this issue? I am trying to correct the same video quality on all 4 devices now. It started with a flood cam, then a stick up and finally another stick up and door bell. There is a pulsing that seriously degrades quality of video and audio is pretty much inaudible. 30mbs-download/5mbs-upload, all cams within 10’ of mesh satellites/2 and an RSI of less than 50.

Hi @user46305. 30 Mbps download and 5 Mbps upload may not be sufficient speeds to support four different Ring devices alongside the other wifi-enabled devices in your home. We have some additional information on wifi here, and some information on how Adaptive Video Play works here. For persistent concerns, I’d recommend following up with our support team for more in-depth assistance.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.