All of a sudden my Ring Floodlight light is sensitive

I sent him one as well. Everyone either email or respond in the comment section to his YouTube videos. He reads the comments.

1 Like

Is this affecting all hardware versions of the Floodlight Cams? The reason I’m asking is I have a Floodlight Cam 2nd Gen (the model available prior to the Pro and Wired Plus) and I don’t seem to be experiencing these issues. My camera is set back quite a distance from the road, however, so maybe that is the key. I don’t doubt that others are having this issue based on the posts, but just curious since mine seems to be working the same as it always has been. I wish the app would show the actual firmware version on the cameras instead of just saying “up to date.”

1 Like

I have a floodlight 2nd Gen. I live off a main street. I have the camera motion settings on low and the zones setup on my property. All night my lights come on with passing vehicles due to the head lights. So not only is the floodlight blinding every vehicle that drives by, it’s running up my electric bill and wearing out the floodlight.

3 Likes

Yes I have that same version and it is happening to me. To test it out, put the motion for light sensitivity all the way down to the lowest setting. Anything in the cameras motion zone will turn on the lights at night.

1 Like

Lifehackster did respond to email. He said he’ll look into it.
This light is driving me nuts.
What’s the point in having the flood light if you have to turn off the light so it doesn’t go on and off all night long with all motion events.
Tested and changed the camera motion zone smaller, which I didn’t want to do and light is still triggered by headlights.
They ruined a perfectly calibrated device right out of the box.
10/15/21 to 12/13/21 still not fixed or Octobers incompetent horrible update reversed.

1 Like

It was good while it lasted. RIP 10/15/2021

2 Likes

I ended up calling ring support and spoke to management. They offered to replace my cameras to pro. As it has 3d motion detection this issue no longer occurs.

Highly recommend calling ring support and tell them you’ll scrap the cameras to Google lights if they are not replaced.

1 Like

Not good enough. Rewrite the algorithm and actually solve the issue. Also, a Ring employee making a response to a concern is NOT a ‘Solved’ issue. I have the same problem and my Neighbors are ■■■■■■. My motion zones are set about 20Ft in from the road and I have it on People Only and minimum sensitivity. If the Ring response is that you think this is enhanced security then put a note on your shop site against all your cameras saying Note: Vehicle Headlights will trigger your camera regardless of any settings. Then at least you are being transparent enough for us to shop around.

3 Likes

How does 3D motion prevent the issue?

1 Like

Just realized with October’s 2021 unacceptable floodlight (Lights update change), the floodlight is not only ignoring minimal distance in light settings and going on all night long with all camera motion detected, car headlights and flying bugs now which it didn’t do before the update but is also ignoring duration time of light being on in light settings, 30 seconds.
It’s time to start shopping for a competitors product. 2 months till the subscription ends and I’m shutting this whole system down because of the change they made to the floodlight I bought.
This light show every night will end one way or another.
Lifehackster on YouTube tests all competitors products. Fyi.

Just had a floodlight trigger with no motion detection on camera what’s the deal? Anyone else have this since the terrible update

1 Like

If everybody copies and paste this page to ring they might do something about it I too am having the same problem with the lights keep coming on and off every time the car drives past . They tell me my camera is faulty well I know it isn’t because I’m having the same problem since the new firmware update

1 Like

I do find it ridiculous that Ring’s response is essentially “Sorry, we broke it. Nothing you can do about it.”

Right on the heels of a price hike too. Time to reconsider my home security set up.

1 Like

Simple wanted to add one more voice to this. Disgusted with the change. Was very happy with the floodlight until this change was made :(.

Don’t even understand why they don’t make this a setting so that those who don’t want it can opt out!

2 Likes

Flying bugs setting floodlight lights off all night long.
All camera motion detected setting floodlight Lights off all night long.
Separate light settings, all three light zones on (Minimal Distance) doesn’t work anymore.
The flood light worked perfect before October 2021 and then they ruined it with an update change to device.
Horrible change.
It used to work perfect !!!
Absolutely Disgusted with RING.

2 Likes

Can they please give us the option to use the PIR sensor as our light trigger??? It’s stupid to have that sitting there and be completely useless. We don’t need the lights to be triggered on false motion alters. I want many alerts but I don’t need the lights trigger on alerts 100 feet away!

1 Like

Like many are saying now, my front door spotlight cam is all of a sudden alarming to every passing car at night. These cars are not even passing through a zone. Seems the light triggers my alarms now. It is set at the lowest sensitivity now which hasn’t helped. Is a current software update to blame, as this was NEVER a problem before? Is this being addressed? This new problem is not acceptable.

1 Like

Simply put: save your breath. This has been going on since mid-October. You can see the consistent comments on this very long thread. The punchline is that Ring does NOT CARE about its customers. Period. Three months and not one iota of effort on the part of Ring to correct this issue. The only resolution is to turn off the light motion sensor completely. I set up a schedule to let the lights have a heyday until 10PM, then it turns them off completely until the next day at 5PM. It’s obscene how rude and disinterested Ring is with customer concerns. I used to rave about Ring. Now? I tell everyone I know to do a fast 180 away from Ring products.

1 Like

Another example of a large company catering to the lazy who refuse to read and take the time to adjust and test the 2 different settings, camera motion and light settings till you get it right.
Amazon and Ring ruined a perfectly built and programmed floodlight and turned the street into a light show every night needlessly overworking the lights and light trigger.
It’s my only complaint, lights going on with all camera motion detected and the separate light settings (adjust the size of the motion zones that turn on the lights) on minimum distance, has been changed and disabled with the ridiculous October 2021 update.

1 Like

Yeah no comment from Ring support?