All of a sudden my Ring Floodlight light is sensitive

I actually hadn’t planned on calling about this issue…I just wanted to see if his " here" link actually took me to a #. I remember calling a couple years ago and it was a complete nightmare finding an actual phone number. I think I ended up googling for a number. As I suspected, his " here" link was the same link I’d tried to use way back then. It would be nice though if Ring made calling about an issue a little easier…with phone numbers up front and not buried under neverending links.

1 Like

@Jbcroker I’m on my laptop and when I click “here” with my cursor, it does take me to a support contact page. Not that I’m going to use it…

PS: Can you tell I’m the “tiniest” bit annoyed with Ring right now? :wink:

Thanks for the continued feedback on this, neighbors! For those who wish to reach out to support, feel free to use the links in my above post to reach them.

Alternatively, you can also respond to this thread with a screen shot of your Light Motion Settings (zones & sensitivity) in the Ring app, accompanied by a Video shared link showing a lighting event that might not align with your settings. This might help our teams here greatly as they look further into your concerns.

@Marley_Ring can you reply to my post

With some decent feedback please.

4 Likes

I’m so aggravated by this damn light. I have done everything you have and light still comes on whenever car goes by. This was NOT an issue a month ago.

2 Likes

I am having the very same problem. Floodlight worked perfectly for over 2 years and now I am having same issue with light going on with every car going by. Has anyone tried the disconnect of power for 5 minutes and then reconnect and reboot the light. I will try this if it does the trick. From reading the post it looks more like a update problem.
Thanks for any info

2 Likes

Same issues here. It stated about 6 days ago and was reported to ring. To me that’s enough time for them to fix this problem. I can’t count how many hours I’ve spent trying to correct this issue on my end and nothing I do works.

2 Likes

Same problem here in Germany. The Problem started a couple of days ago with my Ring Doorbell. The Doorbell triggers 2 Floodlights. As mentioned above, worked fine until a couple of days ago.

2 Likes

I have the same issue , Lights coming on as cars pass by even though I have not altered any settings and it was operating fine for months then suddenly started doing this. Obviously an error on the Floodlight Cam firmware that needs correcting as soon as possible. I was going to increase my range of Ring products but am not going to purchase any more products until Ring solve this issue which it would seem many people are experiencing. So get it sorted Ring …

2 Likes

Oh Ring??? Anyone working there? Still getting lights on when cars go past. Do you people plan to fix this or not? Simple answer.

2 Likes

Unable to provide video as even 8 seconds is too large to load.

I’m having the same issues started two weeks ago. I already did all of the suggested solution. I even lower the sensor sensitivity. I have my ring for 3 years now.

2 Likes

Is this where we all begin humming the “Jeopardy” theme? I’m SO SICK of the lack of action by Ring on this issue. How about an update???

2 Likes

Latest update ruined floodlight cams light sensitivity action.
Flood light (Gen 2) but I don’t think that matters sounds like every model is having the same light problem.
Flood light worked perfectly for years.
Was just updated recently, now on lowest sensitivity picks up movement across the street and everywhere. On and off all night long.
Bad update, I saw it being updated on app when I opened it and since then has not worked properly.
Lights come on for All movement including across the street on lowest sensitivity.
Light on lowest sensitivity before and for years only turned on when people walked down the sidewalk. Now light turns on for everything the camera sees on lowest sensitivity.
Stop telling everyone to turn it off and on, reboot it, reset it . The update ruined it.

3 Likes

Who do we need to contact at Ring to escalate this issue so it will get proper attention? This has been going on too long and inconveniencing way too many Ring customers. Do NOT tell us to call Support. This is clearly glitch in the Ring software. I’m beyond sick of dealing with this and I know I’m not alone.

2 Likes

I have the same problem lowered the sensitivity has anyone also noticed that it is also ignoring how long the lights should be on for
It almost seems to go on for the length the camera is recording for. I can confirm that I have just replaced my floodlight cam and
It is still having the same issue but I didn’t have this a few weeks ago! Please can we have a new firmware update to fix this?

5 Likes

Is anyone experiencing the problem with a 1st Gen Floodlight Cam?

2 Likes

I have been experiencing this same issue with my Floodlight Cam and light for the past several weeks. I had read this message thread, so I was aware that this issue is most likely the result of a firmware update and have been hoping Ring would provide another update to correct the problem.

With that said, I noticed something during the past week. Due to some work we were having done at our house, we didn’t have our cars parked in our driveway like we normally do. Without the cars in the driveway, the Floodlight Cam and light was no longer triggered by passing cars. We parked our cars back in the driveway yesterday and last night the Floodlight Cam and light returned to triggering each time a car passes. I’m not sure what difference that makes, but I thought I’d post in case that helps in any way to resolve this annoying issue.

2 Likes

My Floodlight keeps turning on at night during which period Ring didn’t detect any motion.
I have chosen a selected motion zone in Motion Settings and “Motion-Activated Lights, turn on the lights when Ring detects motion at night” in Device Settings → Light Settings.
The frequency is about 10 times of turning on in 15 minutes, this is unacceptable and really annoying.

3 Likes

Yes the floodlights stay on for the whole 1 minute duration of the recording even though I have them set to turn off after only 30 seconds.

2 Likes