All events bring two notifications

Hey neighbors. There can be a few things causing this concern. First, you’ll want to make sure that your phone is running the latest OS and that the Ring app has the latest version installed. Next, you’ll want to make sure you have your notifications configured correctly. If not, you can reference this Help Center article here for both iOS and Android platforms.

In some cases, in order to ensure you receive notifications as fast as possible, you may receive multiple notifications with Rich Notifications toggled on. A regular notification to your smartphone will be sent as soon as possible and then that notification will be updated with an image. You may want to toggle Rich Notifications off if this doesn’t work well for you.

The last thing you’ll want to check is the settings on your phone and it’s connected devices, such as a smart watch. Check to ensure that you have permissions enabled and that you are not actively using a VPN. If you’ve done this, and you’re still having this concern, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support. Let us know how your support call goes, so other neighbors can share this information.

1 Like

I have a similar issue with redundancy. I’ve switched my settings that have helped decreasing the amount. I also had the 2 notifications for 1 event but has now been fixed.

My concern is with someone being outside for let’s say 10 minutes and me getting 6-10 notifications because they’re activating motion every minute/every other minute while still being in the same frame. Is there a fix for this?
I only need 1 notification or one every few minutes; 5 to 10 maybe or a toggle I can put it on. The camera is more than welcome to keep recording in the background.

Having to snooze at every single event becomes a predicting game. Trying to guess the amount of time someone is going to be outside gets annoying.

I understand someone leaving the frame and re-entering, that makes sense, but if it’s the same person doing the same thing. Why get 10 consecutive notifications. We get it. They are outside.

1 Like

Turning off Rich Notifications fixed it. But the downside is that you lose the preview in notifications…

Exact same problem. Here is how I fixed it.
Go into Control Center, then Authorized Client Devices. Delete all of the devices that show you signed into Rapid Ring (I had two). Be prepared to have to log back into the Ring app with your signon and password as it likely will log you out when you delete the obsolete entries. Problem solved (finally!!!).

-Grandma of nine

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.