Ring App

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring app features, settings, and more.
S
User Solution
Alerts are stuck on wind chime after update
trending
cs-support
ios
notifications
I’m on IOS 17.1 & did the latest ring update today. Now, all of my alerts are stuck on wind chimes. When I change them to something else, it doesn’t save. Any Suggestions on how to fix this? It’s driving me crazy 🤪 😂

07-11-2023 02:20:28

Responses (9)

C
User Solution

Hi @SWil7. The alert tone should play the sound you have selected in the Ring app. Navigate to the App Alert Tones menu and select the default Wind Chime option. After that saves, try selecting a different tone to see if it correctly saves. If that doesn’t resolve the issue, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. You can also get in touch with our support team on Facebook @Ring. A member of our support team can take a closer look and gather any details needed to investigate this issue with the app.

08-11-2023 06:47:06

U
Same here - I am having the same issue - all my devices are notifying me with windchimes even when I have silent selected.

16-11-2023 03:13:08

C
User Solution

Our team has located a fix for this issue and are hoping to include it in the next Ring app update. I’d recommend keeping an eye out for an update from the app store. Please also keep in mind that app updates are performed on a slow rollout, so you may not have an update available at the same time as someone else. Thank you for your continued patience as we worked to resolve this.

01-05-2024 07:11:44

J
Hi neighbors. Please reboot the phone or tablet that is not changing its app alert tone to see if it helps. If not, as mentioned by Caitlyn, reach out to our support team to further investigate this concern.

17-11-2023 08:02:48

S

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

17-12-2023 08:03:41

U

I just set mine up and it’s doing the same thing. I have as updated the app and still not fixed. I’m ready to return it and get a different brand. This is not okay.

24-02-2024 02:55:33

C

Hi @user77805. Which version of the Ring app do you currently have? If you haven’t done so already, navigate to the App Alert Tones and select the default Wind Chime option. Then navigate back and select a different tone to see if it properly changes this time. If the issue persists, please reach out to our support team at one of the numbers available here to investigate this further.

26-02-2024 07:18:53

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User