Alert when not needed and not given when wanted

I get notified when neighbors stroll past my Ring doorbell some 40 to 50 feet away even though they are not in the camera’s motion zone. Conversely, I get no notifications from another camera with a fully enabled motion zone. Not more than 20’ away workmen are tearing down a fence, exposing my entire back yard to the street and I get nothing in the way of alerts. I can see them moving in the live view and watch them tear down 10 ft sections of 8 ft fence! I’ve moved the camera to avoid any glare or reflections from inside and still nothing. Does my house need to be broken into before an inside camera picks up movement?

Hi there, @CobiCinCO! At Ring we are always working to add to and improve on devices and features. For this reason, there are various motion settings and motion related options that can improve detection. As each home is different, the best way to obtain optimal motion detection is through trial and error. Testing different settings will help neighbors tailor their Ring device to the environment. Good call on moving the Camera, as settings and physical mounting angle can both help to optimize motion. Feel free to check out our help center article for visual and tips on using motion settings. I hope this helps! :slight_smile: