Alarm triggered by sensor tamper

Hello,

Have had Ring alarm since June (4 months) without any issues. Last night at 4:17am the alarm was triggered. Checked all doors and windows and everything was closed. This morning I looked at the history and it said my bedroom’s window sensor was “tampered” and therefore setoff the alarm. I checked the sensor this morning and it’s set securely. Any ideas why this would falsely trigger?

Thanks!

Hi @alvarob17. Glad to hear that this was just a false alarm and that you are safe! When a sensor is tampered, It means that the cover is not on all the way. It might be in a in between spot of off and on. I would take it off, inspect for any damage and put the cover back on. Once it is back on, test the sensor for function to see if it registers correctly. If this continues to happen, please contact our support team to investigate what may be happening. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.