Alarm Setting

Sometimes during the day I like to set the alarm into home mode and have certain sensors working, however when I go to bed, I would like to have the motion detectors working. Is there a way to configure this? or is it possible to add a Home - Day setting and a Home - Night setting?

Hey @NJA. The idea of a fourth mode is great! As we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. I believe I may have seen a mention or two of a night mode though, so feel free to find that post in the feature request board and just upvote it instead!

In the meantime, especially since most of us are under stay-at-home orders, you could try this - changing home and away modes. Under the Main Menu > Settings > Modes > Home/Away, change these to match your “home during the day mode” and “home during the night mode.” You will have to remember how you configured each with their speciality, but especially if you do not plan to fully arm your system any time soon, or are ok with going in to change your away mode settings to monitor all sensors when need be, this could be a good work around. I know it has been awhile for me since I’ve been in Away mode, as I never leave the house now! :joy_cat:

I have the same problem with iPhone. Ring, please fix this. I too am considering another alarm system because of this, and I have 4 ring systems on different properties that I own. I pay for the monthly service so I have cloud storage of video, but I use self monitoring because we use these in houses that we rehab, and the workers set them off all the time. I used to have professional monitoring, but I missed a call from them once, so they sent the police, who gave me a $100 fine for a false alarm. I pay as much as monitored service users do, but I monitor it myself and when the alarm goes off I sometimes miss it. This is not acceptable. Ring, please fix the ability for self monitored users to choose a special alert notification when the alarm is going off!!

Wow, not only their app has usability issues, this forum does too… it just had me post a reply to the wrong topic!