Alarm sets off all camera sirens

if its possible to avtivate the camera to record when the alarm is triggered why not set off sirens on cameras,this would save on an out side bell box and alert people to an intruder

Ring do not have a bell box currently and this would save a lot of expensive

5 Likes

Thanks for the feedback @mickyrhall! This has been a popular request, as we agree being able to integrate more with the Alarm will only give our neighbors more options to improve their ‘Ring of security’.

Our team is always working to innovate and integrate new features and devices. Consider this shared with the team, and feel free to share any other requests in our Feature Request threads found at the top of each product board. :slight_smile:

@mickyrhall wrote:

If its possible to activate the camera to record when the alarm is triggered why not set off sirens on cameras, this would save on an out side bell box and alert people to an intruder

Ring do not have a bell box currently and this would save a lot of expensive

Hello @mickyrhall ,

Ring has listened to all the Kudo votes on the numerous “Feature Request” board, and the camera sirens can now also be linked to the Alarm Base Station siren! So now when the Base Station siren goes off, the Ring cameras (that have siren feature) can also sound off with their siren (here in the USA, and if not yet available in other countries it should be soon)!

So, I immediately went to my Ring App to link mine also! But, I was briefly disappointed when I tried to do it because I did not initially see any change in the App. It initially appeared to still only make the cameras record when the alarm sounded . . . until I looked more closely. So, yes, the camera sirens CAN be linked now by:

• Menu > Devices > Alarm Base Station > Base Station > Linked Devices > Alarm Sounding >

After selecting “Alarm Sounding”, this is where I was briefly disappointed because I thought it was still just to select the cameras to only record. Then I noticed the “Explanation-Point” Icon, just right of the “Camera” Icon. Now I understood that by selecting this “Explanation-Point” Icon, it links the camera’s siren to the alarm too! So after selecting “Alarm Sounding” then:

• Select “Explanation-Point” Icon for the cameras you wish to sound off their siren with the Base Station > then “Save”.

Wonderful! Thank you Ring! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi neighbors! You are able to link your Ring Alarm system to your Security Cameras. This Linked Devices feature now allows you to set any Ring Camera with a siren to sound when your Alarm Siren is triggered. You can read more about it in our Community Post here. :slight_smile:

1 Like