Ring Alarm

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring Alarm and Ring Alarm Pro.
C
Alarm Pro Ringedge Event History no video preview
troubleshooting
alarm-pro
event-history-timeline
Hello, I’ve got an Alarm Pro with ringedge local video storage enabled. I’ve noticed that all locally stored videos don’t show a video preview when you view a cameras event history. Is this normal or is something wrong? I’ve had this for years and just noticed that local videos don’t show them but cloud videos do. Thank you

02-12-2023 03:35:28

Responses (3)

C
Hi @cmundy79. Would you mind sharing a screenshot of what your Event History looks like? You can blur or block out the preview images, I only want to see how the events without a preview are displaying. Additionally, are you able to successfully view the video for the events that don't have a preview? I'd be happy to check in with my team regarding the expected behavior on this once I have more information. :)

04-12-2023 07:43:10

C
Hi @cmundy79, I wanted to chime back in with an update after discussing this with my team. At this time, it is expected behavior that videos stored locally via Ring Edge do not have an image preview on the Event History. This is because of how the image previews are generated in the cloud. I hope this answers your questions, and your feedback is appreciated! :)

06-12-2023 06:00:33

C
Thanks for the response. Will this be a feature in the future ?

09-12-2023 03:44:57

C
@cmundy79 We don't have information on what features may be available in the future.

11-12-2023 05:23:07

S

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

10-01-2024 05:23:33

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User