Alarm Motion Detector

Hi, I have at the moment only 2 motion detectors. The alarm is disarmed and one detector isn’t showing ‘motion detected’ as expected. However the other says ‘Stopped detecting motion’ at 17:36 then at 17:37 it says ‘Motion detected’ as I’m siting underneath it. Then nothing until exactly 16 minutes later it says ‘Stopped detecting motion’ the 60 seconds later exactly it says ‘Motion detected’ again. It does this all day long. Not sure if I need to delete it or something and re add. The other sensor shows no motion all day long yet someone is going past it several times per day. Very strange behaviour.

Thanks in advance

Hi @eb92fedb2fced65c671c. Your Ring Alarm Motion Detector will detect motion in all Modes. If you are in Disarmed Mode, motion will still be detected but it will not cause your alarm to sound. If you think your Motion Detector is having false motions, check for any heat sources in the room, as that could be the cause.

If you are still having concerns with your Motion Detector, you can reach out to our Alarm support team to check the diagnostics of your Ring Alarm system. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.