Alarm Monitoring Alert

About 3 months ago we had a really bad storm roll through our neighborhood and took out the tree in our backyard, subsequently damaging the power lines running to our house. We were without power for 3 days while they tried to clear the tree and broken pole. During this time our ring alarm was on battery backup.

Now here’s my question/concern. Why is “Ring” stating they offer monitoring services on pair with other companies but for less, when a basic feature of all alarm systems that are monitored is to receive a call from them when power is disconnected even if there’s a battery backup on the unit? This has been eating at me since this happened and I’ve already invested a good chunk into this alarm system to try and change to a new company. This lack of feature makes me really uncomfortable with the alarm system. What happens in the event someone cuts power to my house and breaks in??? Ring isn’t going to alert me of this other than with a notification on my phone, delayed, which would be to late at that time. They surely have the resources to set a feature like this if they can already do it as a notification. I’d prefer to be woke up if power is cut from the alarm and know that if I don’t answer that a dispatch has been made. There isn’t even an option when you try to call in to reach said monitoring.

Hi @Mrgrumpygills. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on this with the Community. At this time, you would not receive a call from our monitoring center if the power goes out as you do receive the push notification when your Base Station is on battery backup. As we value our neighbors’ feedback and your peace of mind, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. Feel free to link that post you make in the Feature Request board here so other neighbors that come to this thread can easily find your feature! :slight_smile: