Alarm Home Mode Overriding Light Schedule

This seems to be a bug that was introduced in the last three weeks. I’ll explain…

I have a Floodlight Cam and Ring Alarm. The Floodlight Cam has a light schedule set to keep the lights on from 7:00pm-7:00am. Recently, when I place my alarm in Home mode in the evening, it instantly turns off the Floodlight Cam, overriding the light schedule.

The only fix for this is to manually toggle the lights back on which isn’t ideal because I could forget at night or to turn them off in the morning which I’ve done several times now.

I’ve called Ring support who told me “IT is looking into it.” but seems like a major issue. Is anyone else dealing with this? Any ideas on how to fix it, even temporarily?

I’ve confirmed that other users have dealt with this. I do not want to be forced to disable Mode settings for all of my cameras. Does Ring have an official fix coming?

I have the same problem, very annoying. Sometimes, I have to toggle lights on off a few times to turn the lights back on.

Ring Moderators:

It would probably be a good idea to merge this thread into the following thread (so there are as many posts as possible in one location on related topics):

Hey neighbors. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I’ve notified the appropriate team and they are looking into this. To better assist, I suggest reaching out to our support team so they can run some diagnostics to determine a remedy for the issue you’re having. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.