Alarm Connection

My alarm for a few days is constantly switching from connected to cellular back up. Our internet is working fine. I am not sure what to do on the Ring end to fix it. Help!

Hi @Smae84! Is this running on wifi or ethernet? If on wifi, I recommend connecting your Base Station and changing connection in the Ring app to ethernet connection. Once complete, monitor to see if this concern is persisting. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

I am not near the ethernet connection which is why it is on wifi. That is upstairs and the alarm is downstairs. Any recommendations? I have a wifi extender downstairs hoping that helps. It just recently started acting like this. It has been fine for several months.

Hey @Smae84. You may need to reboot your Alarm Base Station! This is a good step to take to refresh your Base Station’s connection, but this will need to be done when on online and not in cellular backup. If you go into the Ring app > Main Menu > Devices > Alarm Base Station > Base Station > Gear icon at the top right > Advanced Options > Reboot Base Station. After this, monitor the connection over the next few days to ensure it’s stable. Rest assured, if you have moments where it swaps to cellular backup for once a minute, this may be due to brief service interruption, in the same sense of why a page may take awhile to load when on your wifi. You can improve the connection as well by mounting the Base Station “higher up” or closer to the access point.