Alarm Certificate for burglar and fire For insurance

Hello

My insurance needs the alarm certificate which showing both burglar and fire are monitored.

If I bought smoke detector and kits from here, and subscribe the monitor plan. Would the certificate show above?

Is there a sample certificate here, I can show it to insurance company before buying?

Thanks
Wei

Great question, @cscu2007! Yes, if you are professionally monitored, there are potential savings for your homeowner’s or renter’s insurance. You can download your insurance certificate, and submit it to your insurance company for possible discounts u sing the Ring app:

1. Tap on the Menu.
  2. Tap Settings.
  3. Tap Monitoring.
  4. Tap on Insurance Certificate.

We will send the monitoring certificate to you via email, so check your inbox. You can also obtain this certificate via web browser, when logged in at Ring.com. Feel free to check out our help center article for more information on Alarm. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you, Marley,

We have yet purchased, can you send us a sample certificate (including both buglar and fire), we can run with insurance company first?

Thank you!

These instructions are more or less correct, except that you get to the Settings option from the My Dashboard screen if you’re using a laptop/desktop.

I would like to monitor a front door and 2 windows of a business. We currently have 3 Ring Cameras and we were going to purchase the alarm system.

1. Tap Monitoring is not in our settings.

What do we do? Is a business not allowed to have alarm monitoring?

Hi @LauraW, happy to chime in here. There is no Professional Monitoring available for Ring Cameras and Doorbells. Once you have the Alarm system installed, then you will have the option to enable Professional Monitoring under the Ring Protect Plus plan. I hope that helps clear things up. :slight_smile:

Is there an issue with the alarm monitoring being for a business, as it is not as drop down offering when creating your system to purchase. Also, what is the monthly cost of monitoring?

Hello @LauraW ,

For your question, "What is the monthly cost of monitoring? ", the Professional Monitoring is included in the Ring Protect Plan “Plus”, which in the USA costs $10 per month or $100 annually (you save $20 with annual purchase):

https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005020643-Ring-Protect-Subscription-Plans

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for tackling that question, @Boone! @LauraW Your business can be Professionally Monitored with the Ring Alarm system. The only thing to note is that at this time, Ring cannot offer smoke and carbon monoxide monitoring at commercial locations due to strict local regulations. You can read more about monitoring a business with Ring Alarm in our Help Center Article here. :slight_smile:

1 Like

My certificate i printed does not show fire. How do i get fire certificate?

Hi @29c864978fb54155b8b0eaaf0a04c8. You need to have a Smoke and CO Listener set up with your Ring Alarm system in order to have fire listed in your Professional Monitoring certificate. After adding the Smoke and CO Listener, you can print a new certificate and it should have fire listed. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Caitlyn_Ring , can the Alexas Guard Plus do the same function as the Smoke and CO listener? It states a compatible Echo “detects the sound of smoke alarms,* carbon monoxide alarms,*…” I have Echos throughout the house. Hate to have to buy something if this will work already? Just need to get my fire certificate.

Hi @TravisL79. This Help Center article will describe to you how using Alexa Guard with Ring to have an echo device monitor for smoke and CO works. Furthermore, if you use this method, your alarm certificate will not show that you are being monitored for fire.