Ring App

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring app features, settings, and more.
AG
After the upgrade “wind chime” sound cannot be changed
app-settings
troubleshooting
notifications
I do not know which update is at fault, but after both IOS and Ring app latest updates, even though I change the alert tone for Motions in settings, I still have the wind chime sound. I also deleted and reinstalled the app. Nothing. Does anyone else have this problem? Before the udate my tone was Navi and it was ok. Now is Navi and I get windchimes.

27-10-2023 06:14:19

Responses (3)

C
Hi @A.Gaber. Which Ring device are you changing the alert tone for? Is this for a Ring Doorbell or a Ring Security Camera? If it is, try using the reboot option on the Device Health page to perform a quick reboot on your device. After that, check the alert setting for your device and then test it out.

30-10-2023 08:08:47

AG
Well, apparently it was the iOS. After updating today to 17.1 without any changes in the Ring app, the correct tone is now on. In case anyone is wondering.

31-10-2023 01:11:41

C
@A.Gaber I'm glad to hear an iOS update resolved this issue. Thank you for sharing! :)

31-10-2023 08:00:38

S
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

30-11-2023 08:01:16

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User