After successful set up my UK Doorbell Pro goes back to set up mode - Please help!

Having had a Doorbell pro for 2 years it stopped working and I purchased a new one. I installed it with the new power converter and successfully set it up connecting to my WiFi. One minuite later it moved back into set up mode (white spinning light). I figured it was trying to update or something so left it overnight. I just reset it up having had to do a hard reset to get it moving again and now having told me it was successful it has gone back offline with white spinning light. Please help!

Hi @JHC-UK. Were you able to get this back up and running since you reported this? Since you have already done a reset, if you’re still not having success, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Let me know how this goes! :slight_smile: