After event recording

Can you review camera footage immediately following end of a captured event? Moreover, I want to review footage for about 3-5 minutes after event recording…is this possible? Thank you in advance.

@dderoche wrote:

Can you review camera footage immediately following end of a captured event? Moreover, I want to review footage for about 3-5 minutes after event recording…is this possible? Thank you in advance.

Hello @dderoche ,

First, to view any recorded event, you need to subscribe to Ring Protect “Basic” or “Plus” Plan. There is a free “one-month trial” Basic Plan that comes with your camera purchase.

Without a Protect Plan subscription (or trial expires), your camera will operate fine for “Live View”, text-type ‘pushed’ Notifications / App Alert-Tone sound to your Ring App, and the ability to talk/listen live with the camera. But without a Protect Plan, your past videos or “Snapshot” photos will not be stored on the Ring “Cloud” and therefore you would not be able to go back to review or download them.

With a Ring Protect Plan, you can review camera footage, although sometimes not immediately. You sometimes might have to wait until that entire video stream data packet gets processed and then stored on the Ring “Cloud” (for example, if you set your camera to make 1-minute recordings, it might take a minute before you can view and/or download it). You should easily be able to review footage 3-5 minutes after event recording. Also, this generally is not an issue because most of us tend to immediately select “Live View”, and while we are looking at this live stream, your video data is concurrently being sent to Ring and processed. Since your video is stored on the Ring server for the next 60-days (some countries are stored for 30-days) and “Snapshots” for up to 7-days, all you need to do is subscribe to a Ring Protect Plan.

https://shop.ring.com/pages/protect-plans

I hope this helps answer your questions :slight_smile:

1 Like