"Advanced Motion Detection" Reduces Video Length Too Much

• I prefer and deliberately set Video Recording Length to 60 seconds.
  • I enabled Advanced Motion Detection to customize the Motion Zone area.

However, according to the Ring app, with Advanced Motion Detection enabled, “recordings end when motion stops…[and] trims empty footage from recordings”. This is not helpful as it completely negates the Video Recording Length options in Video Settings.

Just because motion in a given frame has stopped does not mean “empty footage” exists and is precisely the reason I set 60 seconds video length. The Advanced Motion Detection selections should ENHANCE the overall experience, not minimize other features.

Please make the Video Recording Length feature simultaneously available with Advanced Motion Detection.

Thanks, Bob

1 Like

I totally agree! It is very frustrating to have the video recording stop before the owner wants it to.

Hi @battmanf16. Thank you for sharing this feedback. I will take this to the appropriate team to review. As we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve also created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there and link that post you make here so other neighbors that come to this thread can easily find your feature!