Advanced Motion Detection issues

Suggestion: please make a way under the “Advanced Motion Detection” setting to separate the Custom Motion Zones settings and the Trim Recordings setting. It is annoying that these two settings are lumped together where you are required to have both or neither settings active at the same time. Because I WANT custom motion zones so I don’t get alerts every time a car drives past my driveway, this part of the setting is very convenient. But I DONT want it to trim the recordings, because the Ring system for some reason can’t figure out how to trim recordings properly. It always trims the recording right in the middle while the motion is still happening, so depending on the sensitivity setting I either miss half of the motion because the ring stops recording before they motion is over, or I get 4 different alerts on the same motion event which is very annoying. There is no in-between. This needs to be fixed.

And before you suggest “just turn off advanced motion and decrease the diameter of the standard motion zones”. Trust me, I’ve tried that. In order to get the diameter small enough to not pick up cars driving by, it means that it doesn’t pick up humans walking in my driveway until they are literally a foot from my front door. There is no middle ground in that setting either. So frustrating.

Can you PRETTY PLEASE make “custom motion zones” and “trim recordings” two different settings instead of lumping them together under one “Advanced motion” setting

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing this experience with the Community, @annaweidler! The updated motion detection feature that gives you the ability to create customizable motion zones has the Motion Verification feature include into it. So you now have Motion Verification with Customizable Motion zones. These features were combined to give you a more precise motion detection experience on your battery devices. This is why you are no longer seeing Motion Verification as a separate feature in your app. Thank you for this feedback, I will share it with the team.

As we always value our neighbors’ feedback, feel free to add this request on our Feature Request Board. This way other neighbors can share their interest in one place, that we can organize and share with our teams here. :slight_smile: