Advanced motion detection cuts video length too short

Hi

I’ve noticed that if the advanced motion detection is on that the video recording length on my solar battery camera reduces to only 6 seconds. This isn’t anywhere near long enough to be useable. If i switch off the advanced motion detection i get longer recordings, but i am then unable to set the correct zones and therefore i get lots of notifications that i otherwise wouldn’t have received.

Is there a bug or a reason that i cannot set advanced motion detection zones and have video recording at 30 seconds or more?

Thanks

Stew

Hi @Stewpot. With the Advanced Motion Detection enabled, have you tried to then adjust the Video Recording Length in the Ring App? You can find steps on how to adjust that in our Help Center Article here.Try swapping the recording length from one option to another and then testing the Camera by triggering a motion alert.

I have tried this before as I prefer the advanced feature but as stated this only has a short recording period and even though you can change the recording length this does not go into effect.

Hi @GreeninWigan. If possible can you share an example of the short recording alongside a screenshot showing what setting you have for the Video Recording Length? When attaching this video, you will need to first gather the share link of the video. You can do this by going into the Event History in your Ring App and choosing to share it via email. From there, copy the link that is generated and paste the link in the body of your post. In addition, you can upload this video elsewhere, such as YouTube, and then share the link to the video in your reply.