Advanced Motion Detection breaks Live View after 30 day trial period ends

There are multiple entries concerning this problem with Live View after the 30 day trial period has ended. I have sent multiple replies so I decided to create a headline that specifically describes the problem and a possible workaround. I’m hoping that Ring support can investigate this scenario.

Here is what I and other people have experienced:

After the 30 day trial period ends, Live View does not work immediately after receiving a motion alert. You have to wait a few minutes before Live View works again. It has nothing to do with internet signal strength and none of the Ring support suggestions are working for people.

Workaround that fixed Live View for me and at least one other person:

Disabling the Advanced Motion Detection setting.

I wanted to be sure so I re-enabled the setting and the first motion alert that I received broke Live View again.

Since disabling the Advanced Motion Detection setting a week ago, Live View has not failed.

One theory I have is that Advanced Motion Detection isn’t supported or hasn’t been tested without Ring Protect. The People Only Mode motion setting isn’t supported without Ring Protect so you aren’t allowed to enable it.

3 Likes

Topics that describe similar problems with Live View after trial period ends:

Live view failure and Motion Detection errors after Ring Protect free trial ended

Protect Trial Ends And Now I Can’t Access Live View?

No Live View without Ring Protect

Warning about Ring Protect Plans

Live View doesn’t work after motion notification

Disabling Advanced Motion Detection might resolve some of these problems as I have described above.

1 Like

If you have Advanced Motion Detection enabled, try disabling it. This fixed Live View on my devices. Not a great solution, but better than not having access to Live View.

One theory I have is that Advanced Motion Detection isn’t supported or hasn’t been tested with Live View without Ring Protect. The People Only Mode motion setting isn’t supported without Ring Protect so you aren’t allowed to enable it.

1 Like

Hi neighbors, we have sent all comments directly to the team currently looking into this. We can assure you that we are actively working on this. If you have questions regarding Advanced Motion Detection, please refer to Riley’s article. We recommend reaching out to our support team directly so that they can take a look into your concern for you to verify if this is the common issue that we are currently looking into. We will also continue to update this thread with any important information for the future, but please be in touch with support in the meanwhile.

Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

This just happened to me. I have seen other threads citing subscription extortion.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.