Adjusting motion settings on Windows 10

I have Windows 10 app installed. How do I adjust the motion zones on Windows 10 app?

Good question, @rawmacias! The desktop, or Windows/ Mac, versions of the Ring app do not contain all of the options found in the mobile device Ring app. The intended Ring experience is to securely access the Ring app on your mobile device for utilizing many of these features. Similar to how setup is designed to only be done via mobile device, the configuration, integrations, and customizable features are best done through the Ring app on a compatible Android or IOS mobile device. The computer/ machine based Ring apps are best used for live video/ recordings access, and an extension of notifications. While you can change certain options in these apps, most settings are dedicated to the Ring app on mobile devices only. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

I would say that if the Windows 10 and Mac apps are going to stay around then we need to have all of the features of the phone apps. As, unless I’m missing something, the Windows and Mac apps are purely viewers only and have no functions over this?

2 Likes

So , is Ring planning to add any more functionality to Windows 10 app in the near future? Or is this it?

1 Like

Hey Marley_Ring

Please tell the programmers of Ring that we would really appreciate having the motion zone controls on our ring desktop app and or desktop browser logins, please! The phone app is not as accurate and even has “blind spots” meaning you can’t move the zone outline to some areas due to phone screen glitches. We would have better precision and clarity using a mouse on a big 20" 4k screen.

1 Like

Hi @D-Dogger. I am happy to pass this feedback along for you. I would also suggest adding this to our Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. Feel free to link that post you make in the Feature Request board here so other neighbors that come to this thread can easily find your feature!