Ring Protect Plan

Browse posts, comment, and join the conversation about Ring Protect Basic, Plus, Pro, and more.
U
Adding new location causes existing location billing rates to increase!
negative-feedback
cs-support
ring-protect-plans
billing

I had an existing camera at one location with $XXXX annual rate until mid December. I added a new location, which is now the higher $XXXX annual rate. I received a email from Ring saying that my billing had been prorated to $XXXX to align the billing dates for the 2 locations.

But XXXX days/XXXX days = XXXX. which would be $XXXX. Basically, $10 has disappeared.

It turns out that if you add another location, Ring refunds the remaining balance on existing installations at the old $XXXX rate, and then prorates the new balance at the higher $XXXX rate, essentially up charging any existing install. As of April 16th, this is $10 system.

I complained to Ring support and after some convincing and calculations, got my $10 back. But this IMO is a punitive up charge existing accounts and demonstrates complete lack of integrity by the billing department.

16-04-2024 11:11:15

Responses (0)

No Responses Found

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User