Adding new device to Plan

Hello,

I bought a Ring Protect Basic in March this year when i bought my first Ring Camera. I am going to be gifting that camera and using a new one for myself. When i deleted the previous camera I expected that I would be able to simpy connect my new Ring Camera to my existing Protect Basic plan, however that does not seem to be the case. When i attempt to do that its taking me through a new subscription workflow and charging another $30 even though my current susbscription is only a bit over 2 months old. How can i connect my new camera to my existing Protect Basic plan?

Hey @kdk0. To get the old basic plan cancelled, please give our support team a call here. They can get this cancelled for you, and then help you sign up for a new plan for the new device you have.

Thanks. I’m assuming you mean the 800 phone number? I tried that initially but there was no answer. To be clear - canceling the ‘old Plan’ means refunding me the remainder of the subscription value? Since I have not had success (so far) in calling that phone number, is there another way to cancel the Plan?

Maybe Ring can consider allowing the Plan to live independently from the Device so it makes switching easier.

I just tried that phone number again and still no answer.

@kdk0 Unfortunately the only way to cancel the plan and get a refund for the remainder of the plan would be to give our support team a call. Where are you located? Support is available 5AM-8PM PDT, seven days a week via phone only at 800-656-1918, so you will need to make sure you are calling when they are open. You may be subject to long hold times, especially in the early AM when I anticipate a lot of neighbors may be calling. If you are outside the US, let me know! I will see if I can find a better number for you. :slight_smile:

I tried at 11:45 AM EST. Each time i have tried the phone just rings until it eventually ends. I would appreciate if you can find another way for me.

@kdk0 Are you in the US? You need to be in the US to call the US number. If you are not in the US, please let me know where you are calling from.

No - I’m not in the US - I’m calling from Trinidad in the Caribbean.

@kdk0 It not be going through since you are calling a US number from this area. We have a Spain number that you could try dialing: [00 800 87 00 97 81](tel:00 800 87 00 97 81)

If that doesn’t work, let me know and I will find another option for us! :slight_smile:

I expect that a number in Spain would be Spanish speaking however and I don’t speak Spanish. Surely there is some US number i can call? Or better yet a simple e-mail. I’m begining to feel that I’m going be going around in circles here.

Hi @kdk0! Luckily all of our support teams are trained to assist with your subscription, no matter which number you choose to call. Additionally, the Europe, or international, support teams can certainly still get you in touch with English speaking representatives! :slight_smile:

Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. I hope this helps!

There is no support team… that number does not work

Hi @Skyke101. I would ensure that you are typing in the correct number. The support team contact information is used daily and known to be working. If you are having issues with a specific number, please post the number that you are trying to call so we can look into it for you. Also, try reaching out to your phone service provider to make sure your call is not being hindered in any way. :slightly_smiling_face: