Adding Echo Gen 4 as second Ring bridge

I have a Ring security system with smart lighting synced in. A couple of my lights are too far away from my Ring bridge, and indicate a “Fair Signal to Bridge” or “Poor Signal to Bridge”. I bought a new Echo device since the capability to act as a Ring Bridge is supposed to be included, but I cannot find instructions anywhere for how to activate it as a second Ring bridge and link my two more remote lights to it.

Hi @Ed1960. You’re correct that you can use an Echo (4th gen) or an Echo Show 10 (3rd gen) as a bridge for your Ring Smart Lights. You can find instructions in this Help Center article on how to get your Echo device set up as a bridge in the Ring app. I hope this helps. :slight_smile:

Thank you. I just saw this, but I figured it out last night. All I had to do was delete the smart lights I wanted to connect, and then reinstall them, selecting the Echo as my bridge device. Appreciate the help though.

1 Like

@Ed1960 I’m glad you were able to connect your existing Smart Lights to your Echo device. I hope this information helps others that run into a similar situation as you. :slightly_smiling_face: