Added solar panel for Doorbell2 and it is not charging from the solar panel

Added solar panel for Doorbell2 and the doorbell is not charging from the solar panel. I have enough sun light on it. As I read in other discussion, a battery symbol with lightning indicator should be seen when it is getting charged from the panel. I dont see that. Also the health screen says “Add a ring solar charger to Extend Battery life”. I did a removal of the whole thing, cleaned all the connectors, panel etc… no help. Starting this new message to see if there are any new updates on this. I tried to call customer care, I was put on a queue for 30mins !! Hope they see it here and give me a solution or get help from others saw similar issue.

Hey @WilsonKJ. Could you try removing the Doorbell from your account, resetting the Doorbell by pressing and holding the setup button for 20 seconds, and then setting up the Doorbell in the app again? After re-set up in the app, remove the wiring for the Solar Charge before putting it back up and connected as you once had it. Once everything is connected again physically and in-App, ensure that it says there is a solar charger connected under Device Health. If you still see a message to add a solar charger, please contact our support team about this concern. For that, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

hi, I totally agree with your comments regarding the solar charger, I also have had a solar charger for four months and I have had to recharge manually twice because that peice of expensive equipment does,t not work, I have had the doorbeel 2 for a year and very happy how that works, purchased the solar panel because the write up was it would save you time and money, but it certainly does not do that, all I can say to RING is be fair and return all the monies for this product and get one that works

william1443