Added Kwisket 914 to my Ring Alarm but I can't get it to disarm system

I installed a zwave Kwikset 914 lock. It paired fine using zwave (I didn’t use the Amazon Key option) and shows as a device. I can successfully lock and unlock through the Ring app. However I don’t have any option to disarm my alarm by unlocking my Kwikset 914. Also, I don’t have an option to unlock my door from the Ring doorbell Live View screen. Any help? Thanks!

Dan

Hi @Dan79. First, you’ll want to make sure that the model of lock you have is found on this list of compatible smart locks that work with the Ring Alarm system. If it’s not on that list, it will not be supported. Once you’ve confirmed it is supported, you can follow the steps in this Help Center Article to set it up to arm or disarm by locking or unlocking. Please note that you won’t see the option to lock or unlock the door from within the Doorbell’s Live View, as it is integrated with your Ring Alarm system rather than with the Doorbell, so that feature is not available. I hope that helps clear things up for you! :slight_smile:

Hey there. Yes my lock is on the list. Kwikset 914. I’ve tried following those instructions. I go to Devices > tap Alarm Base Station > I select the lock. But I don’t have anything that says “Mode Settings”. I added a screenshot of what I see.

Hi @Dan79. Chiming in for Caitlyn here. Is 4 digit code for you lock the same as the code for your Ring Alarm? Also, is your Ring App up to date? If you’ve verified those few things, but are still unable to use the Lock to Arm feature, reach out to out support team to see why this isn’t appearing.Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.:smiley:

Hi Tom. I added the door lock to my Ring Alarm system. Then AFTER that, I added the four digit Ring code to the door lock. Should I have added the four digit code to my door lock BEFORE adding it to my Ring Alarm? Or does it not matter?

Hey @Dan79. That could most certainly be why. I would try to remove, then reset your lock. Once you’ve done that, configure it with the same code as your Ring Alarm, then add it your Base Station. If that doesn’t seem to work, use the link in my last post to contact our support team.