Added Camera Not On Ring App

Just added another camera. Total devices 2 camera’s. The newly added camera is not visible when opening the ring app. You can open live view on the new camera only when motion is detected. How can I have the new camera been seen on the ring app when I open it?

Hey @Sbhughes13. It sounds like you may have two Locations on your Ring app now, which means that your old camera is on one Location created, and the new one will be on the second Location created. This happens when you set up a device and enter the address into the Ring app instead of selecting an existing one. I recommend going into your Ring app > Main Menu > and tap on your Location at the top above Dashboard, and see if clicking over to any additional addresses helps you locate this camera. If this is the case, once you can locate your new camera on the other Location, you can go into the settings to move it over so both are on the same Location. You will need to click on the new camera under Devices > Device Settings > General Settings > Location.

If you’re unable to locate the new camera in your Ring app or need assistance with managing where the devices are in the app, I recommend following up with our support team directly. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.